Saturday, November 8, 2008

The reality of it...

When I began this blog a rather long time ago I had intended to carefully chronicle my time overseas- adding a delightful anecdote here, a heart-wrenching story there, and general wonderment throughout.

As you can see, this has not been the outcome.

I find I apologize more for NOT blogging than actual blog anything of substance.

So here I am, less than three months left here of what was to be two years of successful storying and very little show for it in the world on online record keeping but I am only a little sad, really. It’s been a bit busy around here.

Perhaps one day I’ll be a faithful blogmeister who thrills in updating this thing in a quality effort to keep the people in her life updated if they care to be. Until that day, we’ll just keep going. The two of you who read this and me.

I wonder what America will do to my writing habits. We find out soon enough!

The countdown:

10 days until my dad arrives
18 days until Thanksgiving (my favorite food day of the year: Turkey Dinner!)
47 days until Christmas
(something like) 80 days of contract remaining…and everything that comes with it.

It’s hard to believe most days. Some days it’s not hard at all.

I would like to write an emotional summary of the time I’ve spent here, how hard it will be to leave and say goodbye to all that has happened, all that I’ve seen, and how it’s changed my life. All those things are true…but I’m not quite ready to talk about it yet. Maybe in a little while. Or after a few weeks of staring at an ocean or a forest in America and letting it all settle in and sort a bit.

Until then…know I’m alive. And growing.

1 comment:

Sweetly Broken said...

Love you Sue. hard journey but you are fighting the good fight. You are to be admired! Love you! Finish hard!