Saturday, May 5, 2007

Extreme Home Makeover: Africa

We are in the midst of a full scale (on African terms) renovation of our little apartment. Walls that were once a non-descript creamy color are quickly (or at least not slowly) becoming green, robin's egg blue, and the same color pink as the skittles you get in the purple bags. I have learned to stand up to a contractor twice my size who has his own interior decorating ideas ("orange walls look good, yah? same as in my house!")- that we want "white trim, yes white trim, yes Mr. Boss, not brown, but WHITE trim. That's right, white. Impossible? Surely not. If its just very very hard then I expect you to try very hard to do it. That's right." Hope you all can see the end result one day soon.
Pictures to follow- as soon as I figure out to upload them (which may be a while. I'm soooo good at this:). So for the two of you who read this, hold your horses- the visuals are on the way

5 comments:

dianita said...

sue-- i can't wait to see 'em in person-- luv u!!!
~di

Sarah Dean said...

I can't wait to see it!! love you!!

Sweetly Broken said...

Hi Suelie!
Just wanted you to know I'm keeping up with you!! love you!

Chandler said...

hola sunny sue! You are truly in my prayers!! I value our friendship so much. I can't wait to get your news. You are such on an incredible journey also. stay strong. take care my dear friend! ciao mi amiga!

Mama said...

I found your page while searching for encouragement on Google. Just wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your blog. -Kat